Tuesday, January 20, 2009

All Sorts of Promise


Jesus, is it the first day of the semester already? I guess it's not so bad...after battling a cold, having a few days without work, and huddling for warmth indoors during the freezing weather, I'm about ready to become mentally and physically exhausted again. Plus, I'm going to fucking graduate. This semester I'm going to write the shit out of my thesis, finish something I'll be proud of, and keep having fun. Also, it's always a good omen that school starts the same day as the best inauguration ever. It's historic and full of hope, I hear.

Also, I booked a flight to Dublin! I got a ludicrously cheap roundtrip plane ticket. I won't be bringing my laptop or going with anyone I know. This will either be the best thing ever or a total disaster. But I want to have one last adventure before I become a grownup. Not that I'm scared of the real world...I mean, I'll just be glad not to have to juggle work and school, to be able to do whatever I want when I come home at night and not worry about homework. I hope to not become someone that stays in every weeknight. Cause I do that now from all the work that comes with juggling school and work, and boy does staying in suck!

Goals for the semester: write better, blog harder, game harder, do everything to the EXTREME DUDE.

Anyway, Todd "Arms" Goldstein's other band, the Harlem Shakes, have a new album dropping soon, and this thing is magic. They're going to be huge, trust me. I also saw Arms play last night with other bands I've gushed over in the past, but that's another entry.

Harlem Shakes - Strictly Games