Sunday, November 23, 2008

Take the Next Train Home

That's a photo of the 1941 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, via the rad new Life magazine archives that Google put up. A bleaker photo would be one of Germany on Turkey Day in 1937. Oof! I'm very glad to be going home in two days after an insanely hectic week that put me on the verge of a nervous breakdown (or over the edge, who knows). I read a whole lot of Alred Kazin, Henry James, and Annie Dillard in an extremely short period of time as well as finishing my final workshop of the semester (soon the kill-me-now round of revisions before December 11). My weekend was spent reading Atmospheric Disturbances and a really great analysis of Antonio Negri in Bookforum, as well as a Saturday night that consisted of crepes, conversation, and whiskey (in that order). I also went to a cool show filled with DIY Bushwick bands, but that might deserve its own post. See you when I write away my turkey/beer layer!

Love is All Wishing Well

0 comments: