Thursday, August 21, 2008

Slaves! Slaves! Slaves!


You know what's worse than selling out? Graduating college and fighting for an underpaying job in an incestuous industry! Editorial assistant jobs and post-grad unpaid internships must land a step above Wal-Mart Greeter and a step below high school janitor in terms of awfulness. I'll take a steady income and write on the side before I dig my own grave. I wish I could say I miss my pre-Pratt romantic ideas of New York writers, but I guess that was even worse. Fuck it, I'm going to Rhode Island for the weekend. This post will be brought to you by Converse once they decide I'm worth paying.

Liars - Pure Unevil

2 comments:

zer0esandones said...

When I get my foodstamps I'll support you.

Alli said...

My friend's roommate - who has a Master's degree - just accepted an editorial assistant job for 21k. I told her she was insane and that I make that much waitressing...AND only work 25 hours a week. Fuck that shit.