Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Little Wiser


After tomorrow, the school year is over. It's pretty much been over since Wednesday. I'll officially be a senior. That's fucking terrifying you guys! But not really. I'm going to spend the summer writing 500 words a day so that I'll already have something resembling a thesis ready to go. Also, I'll blog a lot. This blogging thing is going to be huge! I'll be posting more fiction this week, maybe even some things about sports!

What's been going on in my life:
-I turned 21! I didn't really celebrate it on my birthday. I got a growler of Sixpoint from Bierkraft. There was no carding involved, so what was the point? My first real experience legally was at Barcade in Williamsburg. Another summer goal: start kicking ass at Ghosts 'n Goblins.

-Internships! I'm still at A Public Space, still loving working for such a good magazine. However, things have been a little crazy since Tom left for greener pastures and a better job with Penguin. I guess there will be a new managing editor soon. Also, I'll be interning at Flavorpill as well this summer. I had an interview there this past Wednesday and they all seem like great people. Also, I look forward to getting into their crazy museum parties.

-Sports! I've been watching a surprising amount of hockey back then. Anyone reading this that knew me when I was younger is aware I followed the sport in a feverish fashion as a kid, but between the fact that games now air on Versus (whatever THAT is) and that there hasn't been much general excitement in the sport in general have made me less than a casual fan. More on that in the coming days. I've also been reading Deadspin more and more lately. More on that whole Bissinger vs Leitch thing in the coming days as well.


Things I'll write about soon:
-Penguins vs Rangers
-Keith Gessen
-Sarah Manguso
-Deadspin
-People, places, things.

The Penguins just scored...they're headed to the conference finals. I think I'm going to play some frisbee .

Jens Lekman - Your Beat Kicks Back Like Death (Scout Niblett Cover)

0 comments: